Re[6]: [wg-c] straw poll -- reminder

Wednesday, August 18, 1999, 3:22:30 PM, Chicoine, Caroline <chicoinc@PeperMartin.com> wrote:

> "The difference is that there is no assumption that MORE gTLDs will be
> added in option 1."  I thought there was an assumption that more gTLDs
> would be added under option 1, but that it would be limited to a "few"
> (i.e., slow controlled initial rollout).

That is not how it is worded, and this interpretation would go against
the interpretation of many others, as well as the person who worded the
options.

I'm not being pedantic here, I really do believe that some people
(with an agenda to grind) have purposely tried to blur the differences
between these two options, and that a number of people have been
affected by this confusion.

I'm only commenting where I see their public comments contradicting
the vote, and wondering why the inconsistency is there.

We can't move forward with a common understanding of what we are
discussing, and understanding where we all approach this issue from.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934

(IDNO MEMBER)
Support the Cyberspace Association, the
constituency of Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org