Re: Re[4]: [wg-c] straw poll -- reminder

> "The difference is that there is no assumption that MORE gTLDs will be
> added in option 1."  I thought there was an assumption that more gTLDs
> would be added under option 1, but that it would be limited to a "few"
> (i.e., slow controlled initial rollout).

If you add even a single new TLD, then any entity willing to abide
by the terms of that addition should be allowed to have a TLD added
for them as well. To do otherwise would almost certainly be some
form of restrained trade, and most probably an antitrust violation.

ICANN is a U.S. entity and specifically liable for antitrust issues.

We either find a way to do this right, and not impose arbitrary limits
other than operational pacing, or we give up and add none.

Alas, if we add none, then we're back into an antitrust position
again for ICANN.

Do it slowly, steady, and fairly.

Christopher