Re[2]: [wg-c] GTLD Straw poll

Tuesday, August 17, 1999, 2:25:53 PM, Kevin J. Connolly <CONNOLLK@rspab.com> wrote:

> There is a world of difference between (A) a collective mark, held by a non-profit
> organization whose charter subjects its actions to oversight in the public interest
> and (B) a mark claimed by a for profit entrepreneur whose primary claim to fame is
> that he wrote out a $1,000 check to IANA on the night Jon Postel first floated
> his internet-draft.  There's also a world of difference between the conduct of a

Oh spare me. Anyone who suffers under the illusion that CORE is a
non-profit entity needs help.   CORE is a commercial organization made
up of its members, who are commercial entities engaged in a commercial
purpose.  Regardless of the legal form of the organization, CORE is a
commercial interest.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934

(IDNO MEMBER)
Support the Cyberspace Association, the
constituency of Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org