Re: Re[2]: [wg-c] Competition policy and gTLDs

>>> "William X. Walsh" wrote:

>> People do search the Internet for content by using domain names - usually comprised of trademarks/service marks plus .com.    Having discussed this with other laypersons, I find that many are just
>> like me . . . the first thing they try when attempting to find a particular site on the Internet, is to type in the trademark with a .com after it, hoping for the best.  If that doesn't work they
>> try a search engine (infinitely more frustrating due to the plethora of unrelated sites that come up).  Either way, the mark is how they attempt to find content - and the mark usually shows up in
>> the domain name.

>Rita,

>I've tested this with 5 people who have only gotten onto the >internet
>within the last 6 months.

>To a person, each of them used the search engine provided on >their
>ISPs homepage as the first place they checked for finding a >company.

>I've yet to see anyone be able to quantify your claim above.

I will be happy to submit signed affidavits if you'd like :-)
btw - when they use the search engine do they type the company's name (or trademark or service mark) as the key word???

>I note you have not responded to the many valid points brought >up in
>regard to your other posts.  I hope by ignoring them, you do not >think
>they will go away.

I believe there is one post that I haven't yet responded to . . .  I know well enough that they won't go away (even after I've made a well reasoned and logical argument to support my point of view :-)) . . . it's just that I've been busy with billable work - sometimes these theoretical discussions have to take a back seat to my real job.  Expect a response shortly.

Rita

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               !