RE: [wg-c] Straw Vote

Elisabeth is on the right track, and other members of this list should
consider her line of reasoning seriously.

In addition, WG-C should request that ICANN re-impose the requirements that
.com, .net and .org should be returned to their status as "controlled"
domain names, with .com exclusively available for commercial entities, .net
limited to network providers and .org for noncommercial and individuals.
Then use .US for a wider range of controlled TLDs, such as .law.us,
.cpa.us, .med.us etc.

But the real question truly is - "why do we need more gTLDs?"

What is the benefit to Internet users? We must very clearly state these
reasons and the benefits to justify this process.

Bill Semich