RE: [wg-c] Straw Vote

Yes, search engines make it easy to know that your mark may have been
infringed upon or diluted, but the number of new unrestricted unchartered
TLDs potentially increases the number of times your mark may be potentially
infringed upon or diluted.  As not all 275 (are there that many?) TLDs are
open, and not all have suffixes which will be readily recognizable to the
public as designating potnetial commercial use (as would .shop, .firm,
.web, .info), the 275 number is not probative that another 275 won't change
the status quo.

And btw, closed TLDs with country code suffixes still cause problems
(witness aol.com.br and amazon.gr).