Re: [wg-c] Straw Vote

> QUESTION ONE: HOW MANY NEW gTLDS, AND HOW FAST?

I vote for option 2 (with comment).

My support for option 2 does not include my agreement that ICANN be
permitted to unilaterally "halt" the rollout of new gTLDs, once a
decision has been made authorizing the new gTLDs; such an action would
probably have an adverse impact upon the new registries.

I prefer to allow the marketplace dictate whether it's a "bad idea" to
maintain a new gTLD. (Of course, there may be factors other than the
marketplace  affecting whether an agressive rollout of new TLDs is a
good idea, but those factors are presumably being considered by this WG
and all of the rest of ICANN).

--

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M.
Visiting Assistant Professor of Law