Re: [wg-c] Faisability question about so called "brand" gTLDs

> I assume that gTLDs will be international (ad absurdum -- if not, they
> have to be requested under .us for Americans, .fr for France, ... etc).

They do? This is news to me. I can forsee "chartered" TLDs that, as
part of their charter, only accept registrations from entities in countries
that end with a vowel. For example.

> I pretend that there is no way on the international level to verify
> any request for .law, and as it it will end up similar to .com,
> BUT much worst for consumers and lawyers -- all will be misleaded
> by .law TLD name.

Much like anyone expects someone with an email address located
at law.com to be a lawyer?

You are making an assumption.

The answer is, were I running .law, that I would only allow
registrants who sent me a certified copy of their bonafides.
Otherwise, it's as useless as law.com.

Christopher