Re: [wg-c] Eureka?

>Ross:
>Finally, a request for concrete proposals!
>
>>From day one I have been advocating a new gTLD model that permits both
the
>shared, non-profit models favored by some and the exclusive gTLDs favored
by
>others. It is really not that hard to accomplish.
>
>See my proposal in the archives at
>http://www.dnso.org/wgroups/wg-c/Archives/msg00567.html

In my mind, there is a clear separation between ownership of the TLD,
operation of the TLD and useage of the SLD.TLD pairs. What do you propose
in this regard? Do registries own the TLD property? What sort of terms do
you envision for the operational grants? (ie. long term, short term, in
perpetuity...) Are the operational grants assignable?

I do not have any major problems with the scenario that you suggest, but
some finer brush strokes are definitely in order...

-RWR