Re: [wg-c] Cartesian rationalism v. Internet evolution

Elisabeth:
The only inaccuracy in my statement is that the new, unrestricted
policy applies only to the "com.fr" SLD. I apologize for the error.
However, that was not the main point of my message.

The most important point was that imposing taxonomies
on end users is not welcomed by end users. That is why registrations in
.FR are so low compared to other ccTLDs, and it is why France has
lost so many registrations to NSI.

Anyway, as far as I am concerned .FR can adopt any policies it likes.
I just think that new competitors who enter the gTLD market should
also have the flexibility to adopt policies *they* like.

Do you agree?

When you say that your policies take into account "all
stakeholders needs" are you also counting the majority
of Internet users in France who choose not
to register in the .FR name space?

--
m i l t o n   m u e l l e r // m u e l l e r @ s y r . e d u
syracuse university          http://istweb.syr.edu/~mueller/