Re: [wg-c] trademark law & new gTLDs

Why is a currently relevant taxonomy not proposed? Beacuise the standard tm categories are outdated and need to be revised and there is is no consent to the revision? It seems to me naively that tm categories can be mapped or not. Agreement to that mapping may be a separate matter. One would have assumed that enterprising tm lawyers would have leapt into this conceptual gap to grasp the offered rewards. Why is this not so, then? Is it that the rewards of such an inefficient taxonomy to its immediate users are in fact greater than those of an efficient one? ( A purely hypothetical statement of Kantian reason, not
observation, I would note.)