Re: [wg-c] Re: IP/TM Concerns & New GTLDs

Roeland:
Thanks for the dose of business rationality.
The issue of how many TLDs the market can sustain is, however, different
from the issue of how many ICANN should be willing to authorize. In
principle, ICANN should make room in the root for a number of names, up to
the limit where technical instability might be caused. It should then let
the market decide how many of them registries registering names under those
TLDs actually survive.

Based on your business projections, I take it you would agree with the
proposition that the number of new TLDs should not be fixed, but determined
by the number of registries willing to operate them.

--
m i l t o n   m u e l l e r // m u e l l e r @ s y r . e d u
syracuse university          http://istweb.syr.edu/~mueller/