Re: [wg-c] Retraction of previous proposal

Robert F. Connelly wrote:

> And just how do you think the Registrant plans to use cocacola.nom or .per?

Not being clairvoyant, I wouldn't hazard a guess at anyone's intentions.

If the site contains a picture of a 22-year old hippie in Amsterdam known to
her friends by the nickname "cocacola" and the site is used primarily to
publish her bad poetry, then I wouldn't be too concerned.
 More seriously, I think your argument pertains more to the question of whether
ICANN should adopt WIPO's proposed "famous and well-known" names exclusion
policy, and not to the question of new gTLDs per se. Do you have anything to
add to the discussion of new TLDs?

--
m i l t o n   m u e l l e r // m u e l l e r @ s y r . e d u
syracuse university          http://istweb.syr.edu/~mueller/