Re: [wg-c] Election of co-chair

Kevin J. Connolly wrote:

> This WG was chartered to meet online and in teleconferences,
> and to produce a draft report for public comment by August 9.

It is a foregone conclusion that this committee will not be able to produce a
report of any substance, and one that commands any support, by August 9. You'd
better get used to that idea. We'd all better get used to it.

Let me echo some comments that E. Porteneuve made:
"Please consider also that the silent world (non native English
speakers) need much more time to discuss."

Moreover, there is  no reason for us to attempt to meet this arbitrary and
unserious deadline.
ICANN has been ordered by the Department of Commerce not to make any significant
and irreversible policy decisions until its full board is in place. Getting its
board and its membership in place is its "highest priority." Nothing will happen
with new gTLDs until after November at the very earliest.

If some of us are able to meet in Los Angeles (and that may or may not include me)
I don't see how it disenfranchises anyone. A document will be drafted there, or
certain drafts debated. In such a meeting, it should be easier for certain
disagreements to be worked out. Whatever is produced will then be submitted to the
group online for discussion and approval.