Re: [wg-c] Vote for Working Group Co-chair

> If you wish to vote for a co-chair for Working group C, please put an X in
> front of one of the two names below and answer to this mail with a Reply to
> All before midnight EST Wednesday July 28th.
>
> I vote for:
>
> [ ] Kent Crispin
> [X] Jonathan Weinberger

==> One remark:

    I would suggest to have more than one co-chair for this WG,
    the second should be in my opinion from an other region that
    the North America (this remark is not intended against Jonathan
    Weinberger which contibutions I appreciate and I vote for him).

    There is an enormous economical impact on every country
    in creating new gTLDs. Share registrars ? Incorporated and
    taxed in which country assuming that customers will be from
    every region in the world ?
    To some extent this WG is discussing about the conquest
    of the World -- but the world is not empty, is global,
    and the economy is global.

    There is also probably some ethics to be considered
    -- some mixtures of names may be offending to some cultures.
    Does it imply lists of inacceptable domain names
    not only related to the WIPO/Business issues ?

    There is also an underlying impact on the topology of
    root servers.

    Please consider also that the silent world (non native English
    speakers) need much more time to discuss.

    Elisabeth Porteneuve