Re: [wg-c] Let's work on...

> 1) This WG should propose who the people with voting rights are.

Anyone on the planet

> 2) Those with voting rights (which could be anything from "anybody" to any
> restricted set that we want to establish) could vote for 1 or 1,000 or
> 1,000,000 gTLDs. My proposal is that they vote for a number equal to the
> gTLDs that will be selected (if we are to select 15 gTLDs and we have 200
> possibilities, they would have 15 votes).

It is not up to us to determine the TLDs ahead of time.

It is up to us, I suspect, to recommend how many can be added in what
time frame. I also suspect it is up to us to recommend the criteria for
being a registry. But I feel that anyone meeting those criteria are going
to want to run a TLD that has no resemblance to anything we select. And,
as it turns out, if we select .IBM, then nobody but International Business
Machines gets to run it anyway.

In short, Javier, you're making presumptions that I find completely
off-base, and you seem to be presenting them as guidelines. They're nothing
of the sort.

A motion has been made and seconded challenging the current chair
imposition. Yes, imposition. I must demand that we take action on the
motion.

Christopher