Re: [wg-c] WG Chairs

No!

No weekend voting.

Kent suggested that we vote openly, on the list.  I think that's a good idea.  But the polls should be open for at least one whole "real" weekday (other than a Monday or Friday).

KJC.2

>>> "Mark C. Langston" <skritch@home.com> 07/20/99 01:56PM >>>

Since Mr. Sola hasn't answered questions regarding the list of
nominees, ("I will keep track of nominees.  Javier") or the voting
time and mechanism, I'd like to point out that on Tue, 13 Jul 1999
09:36:53 +0200 Mr. Sola sent the following to the wg-c list:

  "I propose a one-week nomination period and then a three day
   election if more than one person is nominated."

Since it is now past Tue, 20 Jul 1999 09:36:53 +0200, aren't the
polls now closed?

Shouldn't the pDNC-appointed chair be telling us this?
Could we PLEASE have an accurate list of the nominees who have
accepted their nominations, and have not since withdrawn?

Could we PLEASE establish a firm date and time for the voting?

Could we PLEASE establish the mechanism by which voting will
occur?

I propose voting begin on Friday, 23 Jul 1999 00:00:00 +0000, and voting will
be closed as of Monday, 26 Jul 1999 00:00:00 +0000.

Votes will be submitted to wg-c, in public, as open ballots.

The timestamp applied by the MTA dnso.dnso.org for receipt by the
wg-c list will be authoritative for the above.  Any votes received
before or after the times above will not be considered as valid.

All parties who were members of the WG-C mailing list as of Tue, 20
Jul 1999 09:36:53 +0200 are eligible to participate in the voting
process.  Mr. Sola or other individuals with access must provide
a then-current list of all subscribers at this point for validation
purposes.

All persons are only allowed one vote, regardless of the number of
seperate e-mail address they may have subscribed to the WG-C list.
Any individual who owns, controls, or otherwise may exert direct
influence over more than one subscribed account must refrain from doing
so.

Votes will be a simple statement of the form "I cast my ballot for X"
where X is a member of the list of nominees, as presented by Mr. Sola
(as requested above) and verified on this list by the participants and
nominees.  It is also accebtable to publically state your abstention from
the voting process.

Within 24 hours after the polls close, all parties may tally the votes
and compare notes.  The winner will be announced both to the
wg-c@dnso.org list, and to the GA list.

--
Mark C. Langston	     			Let your voice be heard:
mark@bitshift.org				     http://www.idno.org

The information contained in this electronic message is confidential
and is or may be protected by the attorney-client privilege, the work
product doctrine, joint defense privileges, trade secret protections,
and/or other applicable protections from disclosure.  If the reader of
this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this com-
munication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communi-
cation in error, please immediately notify us by calling our Help Desk
at 212-541-2000 ext.3314, or by e-mail to helpdesk@rspab.com