Re: [wg-c] Re: working group c meeting

On 20 July 1999, "Ken Stubbs" <kstubbs@dninet.net> wrote:

>bill,
>if anyone  in the ga wants to get involved in the wg they certainly can do
>that.
>
>i will go along with whatever the group wants. frankly though it does seem a
>bit silly that a working group could be stifled by intense fear that
>"working together as a group" in a conference call format would be some
>patent violation of "open process".
>
>maybe you are concerned just because of the current hearings... i dont
>know... i would hate to think that
>this type of concern could be used as an "excuse" for slowing down the
>process in any way. although i have seen good movement so far i believe that
>interaction in a real-time environment would be good as well.

Ken -
  If all you seek is real-time interaction, there are several means of
achieving this on-line, possibly more cheaply than a conference call, and
with the capacity for full logging of all conversation.

  For example, someone could compile and install the ircII daemon, start
it as a private server, and then tell people the hostname and port number,
along with a meeting time and date.  Everyone would be able to participate,
using whichever irc client they prefer (there are several dozen available,
and they run on every imaginable platform.  I believe there's even one for
Windows CE machines).  Furthermore, each client has the capacity for logging
the entire discussion.  Not only would there be a public record, there would
be several.

--
Mark C. Langston	     			Let your voice be heard:
mark@bitshift.org				     http://www.idno.org