[wg-c] Re: [wg-c-1] Compromise

This is the most intelligent and constructive proposal I have seen yet.
I urge everyone in the working group to look it over. I cannot endorse
it yet, or propose modifications, because I am still studying it and
sending it about to people I respect for consultation.

I will say this, however:
I agree with the primary goals stated here: elimination of artifical
scarcity, and discouragement of the temptation to use domain delegations
as a form of content control.

I also agree with the basic approach. What we have in the domain name
space are competing property rights claims and the most intelligent and
constructive thing to do is to face them head on and attempt to resolve
them in constructive fashions.

This can form the basis for real progress.

--Milton Mueller

--
m i l t o n   m u e l l e r // m u e l l e r @ s y r . e d u
syracuse university          http://istweb.syr.edu/~mueller/