Re: [wg-c-1] First question

At 22:56 1999-07-09 +0200, Javier SOLA wrote:

>Should there be new gTLDs?

This is the first question to focus on. If the answer to this question is
Yes then a lot of other questions arises (some of them already mentionend
in the mails on this list).
My guess is that we who are participating within this drafting committee
have our own reasons to say Yes or No to the question above and therefore
it is urgenetly important to get the answer in a neutral way. Otherway
there is a great risk that we will be critizised for running our own
commercial interests instead of following what´s good for the Internet Society.

My suggestion is therfore to focus on how to find out a neutral way to
provide an answer to the question above. One-way of doing it could be to go
out in a worl-wide hearing, adressing world-wide organisations as well as
national organisations. To adress national organisations could provide us
with information if there is any geographical diversity in this question.

/ Eva Frölich

Eva Frölich
e-mail:	eva@nic-se.se
NIC-SE, Box 5774, 114 87 Stockholm