RE: [wg-b] RE: opportunity to pre-empt, or license to infringe?

Jamie, there are basically three types of .com registrations.

1.  Self-use (commercial or personal etc.)
2.  Warehoused, usually by big business, perhaps for future use but mostly
to keep the domains off the market and on the shelf, away from competitors.
3.  Speculation.  The only purpose of speculation is to return domain names
back to the market, albeit at a profit, but in most instances, at a very
nominal price.

So the value that is added, is the availability of speculation domain names,
versus unavailable-at-any-price warehoused domain names.

Have you visited any auction sites lately?  There are *so* many domain
names, good ones, available for as little as a few hundred bucks  ...

That might make some bristle - pay $35, sell for a couple hundred or more,
and we could discuss the economics of speculation in general, supply and
demand, etc. ...

But I'd rather help.  Email me some variations of what your colleagues are
looking for, and I'll see if I can't help you find them a few good options.

Judith

P.S. Re 3 digit .org's, my (U.S.-centric) experience in 800 vanities and
domain names says that people don't speak in abbreviations, they speak in
English.  Good variations include calls to action -- FindFreedomHere.com,
.net and .org are available.  Also, fyi, ConsumerProject.com, .net and .org.
are at the moment, available.  Also TechnologyProject.com, .net and .org.)

800 & Dot Com News, Intelligence, Consulting – FREE Daily HeadsUp Headlines.
"...superb real-time source..." –– "...invaluable..." ––
"...indispensable..."
http://ICBTollFree.com –– http://1800TheExpert.com ––  (U.S.) 1 800 The
Expert
Judith Oppenheimer –– mailto:joppenheimer@icbtollfree.com ––  +1 212