From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand [mailto:Harald@Alvestrand.no]
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 1999 1:32 AM
To: Cade,Marilyn S - LGA; 'd3nnis'; Martin B. Schwimmer; wg-b@dnso.org
Subject: Notification (RE: [wg-b] Preliminary Questions)

At 18:20 06.09.99 -0400, Cade,Marilyn S - LGA wrote:
>I think we thought that starting out with famous marks would be easier; for
>instance, it is probable that those entities might pay to be registered,
>thus helping to offset the cost of developing such a database...

If we come to the conclusion that the databases and notification functions
do not have to be part of the registrar/registrant function, but can be
left to private enterprise, the question of who gets to set up
notifications is a question that the market can work out for itself; those
who are willing to pay for the service will have the service.

                               Harald

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, Maxware, Norway
Harald.Alvestrand@maxware.no