RE: [wg-b] RE: [wg-c] IAB Technical Comment on the Unique DNS Root

[likely WG-C won't see this]
At 16:56 18.12.99 -0800, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:

> > >I am preparing a counter to Brian's paper wherein I will go
> > into details.
> >
> > (I'm an IAB member, in case anyone didn't notice. It's the
> > IAB's paper.)
>
>I apologize, but some on the WG-C list have maintained that the paper was
>Brian's personal view. Of course, that could be just a case of denial.
>Clearly, since Brian's name is on the paper and in the face of more
>he-said/they-said bickering, I called it Brian's paper.

:-) - since I participated in the presentation, I can guarantee that it's
not Brian's personal view. The reason his name is on it is that he's chair
of the IAB, so he signs our "official documents".

>Also, don't worry, I won't hold your participation in the IAB against you
><grin>.
>
> > (Just in case anyone didn't know - IAB is the Internet
> > Architecture Board,
> > part of the management structure of the Internet Engineering
> > Task Force - IETF)
>
>Yes, and I've disagreed with the IAB before now. As a practicing Internet
>and Information Systems Architect, I feel that I have a right to do so. As
>well as the credentials.

Disagreeing is a human right. We've got plenty of practice :-)

                      Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no