Re: [wg-b] RESPONSE to submission from noncommercial community

My "complaint" about Hasbro (versus what - your "observation" about 'the absence
of the word 'consumer'?) alludes specifically to a company's abhorant behavior -
attempting to steal a domain name - that is not atypical of trademark owners not
only in the domain name arena, but 800 numbers as well.

This is not an issue of "undifferentiated monopoly of .com..."

It's an issue of unscrupulous behavior by trademark owners, who are now using
WG-B to both further, and legitimize, that behavior.  (I was originally asked to
join this group because entities of a certain 'expertise', were claiming that
the FCC had blessed trademark privilege with 888 replication - when in fact the
opposite is true, down to the wording of the FCC ruling.)

BTW, over in WG-C, the same trademark interests are blanching over the prospect
of new gTLD's.  Regardless what follows the infamous dot, they want carte
blanche over what precedes it.

Judith

--
Judith Oppenheimer, 1 800 The Expert, 212 684-7210
mailto:joppenheimer@icbtollfree.com