RE: [wg-b] WIPO goes too far, and always has ...

It all falls under the moniker of "Intellectual Property", as such, there is
very little difference, in effect, between trademark and copyright. Both
call for, and cause, exclusionary practices.

WIPO attempts to claim monolithic (global) jurisdiction. In the US, at
least, many of these organizations are either backed by WIPO funding or
political association and clout. Please read the EFF references. In the US,
WIPO has been quite active, to the detriment of other concerns. Please
remember that genesis of this WG and WG-A, a specific request from the US
Executive branch at specific WIPO prompting. That record can be traced back,
all the way to the White Paper.

Evenso, and granting your disassociative argument, the aggregate effects are
deleterious to the overall Internet. For the TM-based exclusion argument to
prevail would ALSO grant weight to exclusionary discretion, for the OTHER IP
interests. Ergo, the whole bunch needs to be considerd in aggregate, whether
or not they are superficially allied.

BTW, lack of good-faith is not, perforce, dishonest. Often it is the simple
denial of binding conditions. What's bad about it is that this lack creates
an unbalanced negotiating position, where one side binds itself and the
other doesn't. Just as deceit implies dishonesty, but is not itself
dishonest. We all deceive each other constantly and there are many levels of
betrayal.