RE: [wg-b] WIPO goes too far, and always has ...

At 12:16 31.10.99 -0800, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:
>Hello Harald,
>
>I fail to see why you ignore the obvious. Trademark interests are very much
>relevent to the DNS issues before us.

But the IFPI is not a trademark organization. Its concern (at least in the
activity covered by this particular article) is copyright.
I have an opinion on the IFPI effort, but don't consider it relevant to the
domain name debate.

>  The point is that we are sitting at a
>negotiating table with interests that are not present in good faith.

Claiming that the IP lobby is monolithic is probably as misguided as
claiming that the Internet community is. If you want to call a particular
organization or individual dishonest (which is my naive non-American
translation of "not present in good faith"), feel free to do so.

>  You
>have obviously failed to follow the links that I have provided.

I followed the ZDNet link, which was what prompted me to write my response.
Since it seems that we end up in the same positions in this group more
often than not, I want to understand your argument. But I didn't.

                      Harald

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, Maxware, Norway
Harald.Alvestrand@maxware.no