Re: [wg-b] Voting Results and What We Do Next

1.  Dr. Victoria Carrington is an attorney.

2.  Jon's vote wasn't counted anyway so her station in life is moot.

3.  Mueller still hasn't substantiated his allegation that secretaries
voted (nor his long division).

4.  If you were criticizing a vote that obtained a majority by one vote as
not being a consensus, you would have a point.  In an environment where two
thirds has become the definition of consensus, you have criticized a
consensus as not being consensus.

5.  What if a person on this list participated in the WIPO process, read
every posting here, and didn't feel the need to re-hash the same debates we
have had since 1996, and merely voted.  Is such a person a sleeper?  If you
want to add a "must post twice a week" rule (call it the inverse-Rutkowski
rule (an inside wg-c joke)) - fine - only it can't be retroactive in
effect.

6.  You want to question the way this working group was formed, fine, I
agree it was screwy.  But July would have been a better time to raise the
point, not four hours after a vote.  But it should be working Group D that
makes recommendations - it should not become the subject of this list.
Otherwise we will just have the same factions arguing about something other
than the protection of famous marks on the Internet.