Re: [wg-b] FORMAL BALLOT No. 1

Greetings

> Voting is scheduled to end on Monday midnight EST.

I am writing to apologise for the lack of a .nz vote being supplied on this very
important issue. The mistake is entirely mine as after a planning meeting
last Friday with .nz representatives, including Peter Dengate-Thrush, I
somehow had convinced myself that the deadline for votes was this coming
Friday Oct 29. In the press of work preparing to fly out on Friday for the
ICANN meeting I neglected to re-check dates.

I realise that our vote is too late, but I thought it appropriate to indicate that
.nz would have voted for Option D (ie both B & C) as it is our position that
there are appropriate international treaty organisations to deal with the issue,
and that a non-governmental, non-statutary, body is not the appropriate
mechanism for developing international law. This is closely aligned with the
New Zealand government position.

Again, my apologies for the mistake.

Sue Leader
Executive Director
ISOCNZ
and
.nz administrative contact

> QUESTION #3
> [Please select ONE of the options listed below]
> [] Option A - Some type of mechanism, yet to be determined, is necessary
> in connection with famous trademarks and the operation of the Domain Name
> System. [] Option B - ICANN should not implement any mechanism for the
> protection of famous marks, because other mechanisms are adequate []
> Option C - ICANN should not implement any mechanism for the protection of
> famous marks, because it exceeds the scope of ICANN's authority [X] Option
> D - Both Option B & C [] Option E - I choose to abstain from the voting
> process at this time
<snip>
> END OF BALLOT

Sue Leader - Executive Director
ISOCNZ (Internet Society of New Zealand Inc)
Exe.Dir@isocnz.org.nz    Voice: +64-4-801-6256    http://www.isocnz.org.nz
Postal: Level 1, (e)-Vision Centre, 282 Wakefield St, Wellington
"ERROR 406: file corrupt: earth.config -- reboot universe? (Y/N)"