Re: [wg-b] Re: ICANN's Mandate

Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

> no, Jon just (uniformly) required them to behave reasonably.
> these days, what that means has to be spelled out in detail, and the
> trademark people want to make sure they do most of the spelling.

Yes, Jon accredited (delegated) *registries*You are correct, the process was
informal. I agree that in a commercial/legal/political environment the process
must now be formalized.

But...the issue of centralization of that authority is what some of us are
complaining about. Diversity of models and forms is better. The only reason for
absolute uniformity/centralization is to reduce the policing, monitoring, and
protection costs of the trademark/IP holders.