[wg-b] Formal Ballot

The following is the PROPOSED formal ballot which I contemplate sending out
over the weekend. Any constructive comments please forward them to me and I
will try to incorporate them into the ballot.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS TEST BALLOT AT THIS TIME. JUST PROVIDE YOUR COMMENTS
DIRECTLY TO ME.
(sorry for screaming but I just wanted to make sure that this was
understood)

Once the voting process has begun, the votebot will send you three ballots.
You only need to reply once. After voting, the votebot will e-mail you your
results to safeguard against any errors. When you receive subsequent ballots
after casting the first one it is not necessary for you to submit it again.
Once is enough. However, in the unlikely event that you change your mind you
can resubmit your ballot "in its entirety" (provide a response to each
question) and it will override your earlier vote.

REMINDER: Although I have denied no one from participating in this group,
"repeated" failure to exercise your right to vote, even an abstention is
acceptable, "may" result in your removal from the list in the future.
Hopefully, this will be a non-issue.

For any registration entities participating on this list I encourage them to
review the latest cybersquatting legislation making its way through the US
House of Representatives. It appears likely that a modified version of the
House and Senate bills will become law. This is important for registration
entities (registrars & registries) because it includes a safe harbor
provision for these entities in connection with potential liability.

Any Questions do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail or phone (561)
741-7880.

Thanks

Mike

BEGIN BALLOT

ID: 1This is your ballot for "Formal Ballot No. 1".
The voting period is from Oct 18, 1999 00:00 GMT to Oct 22, 1999 23:59 GMT.
The ballot must be returned to wgb@dnso.org
With most mailers, simply replying to this message will do the right thing.

Ballot Summary:
This is this first ballot using the VoteBot system. Please complete and
submit this ballot. In addition to addressing Question 0 - are safeguards
needed for famous trademarks, it also contains information that will be
required to be submitted in our final report. Please answer all
Please mark your selections in each category by placing an X between the
[]s, e.g. [x].
Please do _not_ edit the ballot beyond indicating your choice.
[Please identify the constituency group within the DNSO of which you are a
member]
[] ccTLD Constituency
[] gTLD Constituency
[] Registrars Constituency
[] Intellectual Property Constituency
[] Commercial and Business Entities Constituency
[] ISPs and Connectivity Providers
[] Non-commercial Domain Name Holder Constituency
[] I am not a formal member of any ICANN - DNSO Constituency

[Please identify your region of citizenship (not residence)]
[] North America
[] Asia/Australia/Pacific
[] Europe
[] Latin and S. America
[] Latin America/Caribbean Islands
[] Africa

[Please select ONE of the options listed below]

      [] Option A - Some type of safeguards, yet to be determined are
necessary to protect the interests of consumers and trademark owners.
      [] Option B - No safeguards are necessary because the status quo is
acceptable
      [] Option C - Safeguards are not proper because it exceeds the scope
of ICANN's authority
      [] Option D - I choose to abstain from the voting process at this time

END OF BALLOT