[wg-b] Cost of backing out a registration

At 12:13 24.09.99 -0400, DEUTSCH, SARAH B. wrote:

>After paying the bucks, few domain name holders would voluntarily
>relinquish their domain name registrations.  They would still wait for the
>trademark owner to come after them and sue.

Balancing a 70-dollar loss against a potential 10.000-dollar loss (legal
fees, even if you win the case) may make a few people take the small but
certain loss.

That's also a form of pre-publication censorship of speech, and a form of
reverse domain name hijacking, which I'm sure some people will love to
point out.

It's MUCH more expensive after the business cards have been printed.

                      Harald

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, Maxware, Norway
Harald.Alvestrand@maxware.no