RE: [wg-b] What WG-B is supposed to be doing (RE: Arbitration)

What if the alert, nofication, warning. . .  whatever you want to call it.
. . was available to anyone, not just to famous marks? If there were a
registration with "bell" in it, maybe a thousand or more domain name
holders would be notified. If there were a registration with the string
"eileenkent," maybe one or two domain holders would be notified. Whoever
signed up for notification (for a fee) would get nofication.

This would solve two problems:
1) defining a famous name (doesn't matter) and
2) would not give special treatment to famous names and trademarks over
other interests.

Is this perhaps, an example of what Kathy Kleiman meant when talking about
letting the market handle it?

My thought for the day.

eileen