Re: [IFWP] Little Local ISP's big corp Giant Killers?

William and all,

  Indeed AOL did gain some temporary benefit from this decision.
However it is a matter of scale here really and a deeper matter as well of

small to medium service providers (ISP's) that will garner the more
significant benefit from this decision as it will aid in providing for
more diversified competition.

  In as much as this may relate to the ICANN and has carry over to the
inane decisions of ICANN, this decision may send a message that
centralized control model is not expectable.  It also shows that
a centralized DNSO is also likely not valid in this marketplace as well.

William X. Walsh wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Jun 1999 21:44:50 +0100, Jeff Williams
> <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> >All,
> >
> >  Major GIP supporter AT&T gets wupped by little local service
> >providers!
> >See: http://www.cnnfn.com/digitaljam/wires/9906/04/isp_wg/#TOP
> >
> >  Is the a potential future for the ICANN and the DNSO?
> >

> If you read the analysis you will see that the largest winner will end
> up being AOL, and their stock surged on the news today.
>
> I think they will benefit FAR more than any small local service.
>
> --
> William X. Walsh
> General Manager, DSo Internet Services
> Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934
>
> The Law is not your mommy or daddy to go crying
> to every time you have something to whimper about.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1894