Re: [IFWP] Intellectual Property Constituency

Bret and all,

Bret A. Fausett wrote:

> >Also, they are soliciting comments by July 4 on whether the WIPO proposals
> >should be 1) broadened to include all commercial disputes...
>
> Please explain.
>
> ICANN is empowered to "set policy for and direct the allocation of IP
> number blocks, oversee the operation of the Internet root server system,
> oversee policy for determining the circumstances under which new top
> level domains would be added to the root system, and coordinate the
> development of other technical protocol parameters as needed to maintain
> universal connectivity on the Internet." (From the "White Paper" and
> mirrored in Article 3 of ICANN's Articles of Incorporation.)

  First of all ICANN does not have this authority yet.  Second ICANN
must have the consensus of the broad Stakeholder community.  I has yet to
achieve that lofty goal.  Third, as in Berlin and in Singapore, the ICANN
INterim Board acted unilaterally with respect to the structure of the DNSO
ins stark disagreement to what is known to be the vast majority of
participating stakeholders as required in the White Paper.  Hence it has
violated the White Paper in doing so as well as it's own Bylaws.  Forth,
The ICANN has also violated its own bylaws from its decision with
respect to the "Accreditation Policy", also done in Singapore.  Fifth,
the ICANN Interim Board in Berlin violated the majority of stakeholder
participants with its decision on the WIPO RFC-3 Recommendations.
This would also constitute a violation of it's own bylaws as well as the
Requirements of the White Paper as well.

> Where do general commercial disputes involving registrants fit?

  You have obviously not been following the discussions and concerns
expressed by a vast majority of the Participants on the relevant
lists, including your own.  In addition this is also covered in the
WIPO RFC-3 Recomendations.  Please review that report, and
all of the relevant archives of the relevant Mailing lists and comment
lists on the ICANN web site...

>     -- Bret

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com