The WWW boy (William Whalsh the Whiner) back to his old Games again to:Re: Credibility in the process and One Man ne Congress WAS: Re: [IFWP] gTLD constituency

All,

  You are now seeing yet one more of many attempts and one of many reasons

that it is so insane to have constituency model as part of the DNSO....

  Folks like William X. Walsh (AKA Willie the Whiner, the WWW boy) amongst

a few others attempt to falsely accuse others and make inappropriate and
inane comparisons that are neither valid or even approach reasonable.
These comments by the WWW boy are a yet another example of such
gamesmanship....

William X. Walsh wrote:

> On Sun, 30 May 1999 19:05:38 -0400, Michael Sondow <msondow@iciiu.org>
> wrote:
>
> >While I'm not altogether certain that the recently formed gTLD
> >constituency is an appropriate place for prospective registries to
> >find a voice in the DNSO, since their voice in it might easily be
> >subsumed to that of NSI, I agree with IO Design's objection that no
> >place has been made for it and like prospective regsitries in the SO
> >structure of ICANN.
> >
> >New registries are sorely needed, not only by commercial interests
> >for broadening their access to web-based e-commerce but for an
> >expanded and conflict-free access to the Internet for individual and
> >non-commercial independent users. The ICIIU therefore seconds the
> >aspirations of IO Design and like new registries and endorses their
> >efforts to gain a well-deserved voice in ICANN.
> >

> While I agree wholeheartedly with this comment, I note that Michael
> again speaks unilaterally for the ICIIU.....
>
> One person making a decision of what to support on behalf of a
> Congress.
>
> This reminds me of when Michael and others (including myself)
> challenged ISOC support of certain proposals simply because Don Heath
> said so, with no voting or consensus amongst those who make up the
> ISOC.
>
> I recently began work with 3 others to form a sort of trade
> association (which I will not comment on further here), but even
> though I am the "founder" of this group, I would not presume to speak
> on behalf of the group without their prior consent and support of what
> I am going to say.
>
> It is for this reason (amongst others) that Mr Sondow will not be
> taken seriously by many who will have a role in any NCDNHC that is
> formed.
>
> Mr Sondow has made some valid comments recently, and has only
> trivialized them by use of the ICIIU name.
>
> I propose the formation of a new "organization" to try and bring
> together the various interests and get this entire NCDNHC out from
> under the umbrella of both the Sondow/ICIIU and the ISOC.
>
> At least then it might have some credibility.
>
> --
> William X. Walsh william@dso.net
> General Manager, DSo Internet Services
> Fax:(209) 671-7934