Re: [IFWP] RE: ???

In message <4.1.19990318042422.048c35d0@pop.mhsc.com>, "Roeland M.J. Meyer" wri
tes:
> At 06:09 AM 3/17/99 +0100, Roberto Gaetano wrote:
> >Roeland,
> >
> >You wrote:
> >
> >> I'm still going over the evidence, but ICANN internalizing the DNSO kind
> >> of shoots DNSO.ORG in both feet.

Right. And? As in so what?

> >I'm not sure to understand this.
> >Wasn't there general consensus that the DNSO should be part of ICANN and not
> >separately incorporated?

> That's exactly the point. ICAN took NONE of the DNSO
> application. Rather, they assembled their own from the pieces.

As a DNSO.ORG Drafting Team member I'd have liked to see the Paris
draft succeed but then this is better than the K*nt, Amadeu and their
backers succeeding.

> That kind of does-in the DNSO.ORG as they was their reason for
> existence.

There was no DNSO.ORG. It seized to exist end of December 1998 when it
changed to the K*nt and Amadeu's playground.

> If ICANN now takes over the DNSO.ORG web-site then what does that
> say to the rest?  IMHO, that would a dumber move, on ICANN's part,
> then I would normally give them credit for.

Who cares what happens to a web site of a non existing organization?

> It seems to me that impartiality is exactly what ICANN is striving
> for, with that move.

I do agree. It's obivous we can't do it ourselves so they have to do it
for us.  Whether we like the result is a separate matter. Whether the
K*nt wanted this in the first place, another.

el
--
Dr. Eberhard W. Lisse\         /                 Swakopmund State Hospital
<el@lisse.NA>         *        |                  Resident Medical Officer