RE: ???

At 06:09 AM 3/17/99 +0100, Roberto Gaetano wrote:
>Roeland,
>
>You wrote:
>
>> I'm still going over the evidence, but ICANN internalizing the DNSO kind
>> of
>> shoots DNSO.ORG in both feet.
>>
>I'm not sure to understand this.
>Wasn't there general consensus that the DNSO should be part of ICANN and not
>separately incorporated?

That's exactly the point. ICAN took NONE of the DNSO application. Rather,
they assembled their own from the pieces. That kind of does-in the DNSO.ORG
as they was their reason for existence. If ICANN now takes over the
DNSO.ORG web-site then what does that say to the rest? IMHO, that would a
dumber move, on ICANN's part, then I would normally give them credit for.
It seems to me that impartiality is exactly what ICANN is striving for,
with that move.
Roeland M.J. Meyer -
e-mail:                                      mailto:rmeyer@mhsc.com
Internet phone:                                hawk.lvrmr.mhsc.com
Personal web pages:             http://staff.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site:                           http://www.mhsc.com
                       KISS ... gotta love it!