Jeff Speaks

Today Jeffrey A. Williams (allegedly the CEO of a multibillion dollar
corporation which no media source has been able to verify even exists) called me
at home, and he made the following comments :  (I should say the person who
called claimed to be the same Jeffrey A. Williams, but having never met this
person and with no means of verifying that he is who he said he was, I can only
say that the person I spoke with said these things)

1) Claimed to have a Bachelors in Computer Science from University of Texas in
Dallas and graduated from there in 1978 (also alluded to a Masters degree from
there)

2) Indicated that he was NOT with NSA, but was attached to ONI (Office of Naval
Intelligence) for approximately a year and a half.

3) Disavowed ever stating that he was a Squadron Commander.

4) Stated that he DID in fact attend SMU Law School and received a Law Degree
from there.  Though this seemed to change from the beginning of the call.
First he appeared to be implying he did just ATTENDED CLASSES there (his words)
then later changed that to he transfered there and got his law degree there.
The story changed when I began pointing out I had messages from him indicating
he did indeed say those things.

5) That INEG is incorporated in the State of Delaware, but refused to provide a
corporate registration number to verify this, claiming he shouldn't have to
prove this.

At this time, Mr Williams' phone disconnected the call while he was in
mid-sentence, and no call was returned.  I had just asked him to provide
verification of any SINGLE fact that could be independently verified that would
provide the existence of INEG.

He indicated that he did not feel he needed to verify who he was or his
claims, and that no serious challenges exist to his credibility.

It seems Wired feels differently, they retracted his quote from their story on
ICANN.  It seems a German publication (aren't they affiliated with Ziff-Davis
in some way?) feels differently (see
http://www.fichtner.net/outlook/1999-01.html and use
http://babelfish.altavista.com to translate from German).

Jeff has made incredulous claims, and expects them to be taken as fact.  When
one makes such incredulous claims, one must be expected to back them up, as he
himself as called other people to when they have made such claims on these
lists.  I am just holding you, Jeff, to the same standards you have in the past
held others to.

Jeff seemed to want to disclaim he said many of the things in the Jeff
Williams' FAQ posted by Mr Greenwood.  When I indicated I had postings from him
where he DID say many of those things, he back-pedaled a bit and said that they
must not have come from HIM.  I said they originated from the same Netcom
dialup accounts he uses to post to these lists.  This was the point where the
story seemed to change regarding his attendance and matriculation from SMU.
All in all, I think Jeff Williams is having problems keeping his facts
straight.  This happens when one tells strings of lies on top of each other.
Even the best con men can break under such situations, and it seems the cracks
are beginning to show in Jeff's story.

I have offered, and I continue to offer, to post any FACTUAL response to the
allegations made against you Jeff to the same website at
http://www.dso.net/wwalsh/jeffw  (which has been updated with links to the
Wired Article, and the original article with the quote from Jeff, as well as
links to the German article).  Jeff, I'll post ANYTHING you have to say about
these allegations there.

Jeff seemed awed that I had no personal agenda in pushing this, except for the
value of integrity, which is something of importance.  He seemed to not be able
to accept that I did not have any other motivation in pursuing the truth about
him (my words not his, of course, as he claims that everything he has said is
the truth).

Jeff, your call today did nothing but further persuade me that you are not who
you say you are, and that no INEG exists and that your incredulous claims are
just simply fictions from your very creative imagination.  I have my own
suspicions as to who you really are, and I hope when some of this process has
completed the real truth about who is behind the mask will come out so that I
and others who have expressed their opinions on your real identity can see who
close/far off we were.

This post will be placed on the website I maintain about Jeff Williams, as a
reference to his call to me today.

PS. Jeff, please do not call my home at 5:30am.  My brother and his 3yo child
live here while he is going through a divorce, and we had a heck of a time
getting my nephew to quiet down after your call woke him up. Show some common
courtesy please.

E-Mail: William X. Walsh <william@dso.net>
Date: 04-Mar-99
Time: 13:42:49
"We may well be on our way to a society overrun by hordes
of lawyers, hungry as locusts."
- Chief Justice Warren Burger, US Supreme Court, 1977