JW fools another reporter! Wired quotes a fraud!

>From the Wired Article :
"When you've got over 12,000 stakeholders who don't agree, I'd hardly call that
consensus," said Jeffrey Williams, spokesman for the Internet Network
Engineering Group, which sent representatives to Singapore."

Jeffrey Williams is not who he claims to be.

http://www.dso.net/wwalsh/jeffw/

Jeffrey Williams has also claimed :

-- to be the Chief Executive Officer and the Co-Founder of the 4.8
billion dollar privately held employee owned INEG. INC

-- to be the Director of Internet Network Engineering and Senior
Java/CORBA Engineer for the Information Network Engineering Group,
INEG INC.

-- to be an ex-IBM Fellow,

-- to have to have graduated from UTD and to have a law degree from
SMU Law School

-- to have three degrees, MBA, Masters in Computer Science and
Engineering, and Law

-- to have served as a judge for 7 years

-- to be a member of the IETF

-- to serve on several medium sized business boards and on the boards
of several banks

-- to be the author of two books and is working on a third

-- to own 3 ISPs, including Frisco net, Deltanet and Wiltel, with 1.6
million users

-- to have been a fighter pilot with USMC, flying missions in Chile
and for the DEA, as a reserve pilot in the USMC, stationed out of
Grand Prairie air station just south of Dallas

-- to have been acting squadron commander of the Marine combat F4
squadron VMF214 (Black Sheep) at Tan Son Nhut during the Viet Nam war

-- to have spent several years in NIS (Naval Investigative Service)

-- Graduate of Naval Staff & War College

-- Retired Colonel, United States Marine Corps

(Taken from the Jeff William's FAQ prepared by Darrell Greenwood, reprinted
with permission, see http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/msg03008.html for a
full copy)

Many of these claims have already been proven to be wrong (SMU's Registrar
indicated that NO Jeffrey A. Williams has been granted a law degree from their
esteemed institution, for example.)

When reporters carelessly print quotes without verifying that the organization
even EXISTS (no telephone listings, no business license or corporation filings
for example, all easily verified) they aid and abette the perpetration of this
fraud.

I STRONGLY urge any and all reporters to be VERY careful in who they are
printing quotes from so they are not unwitting participants in Jeff's fraud
and games that he has been playing throughout the DNS Wars.

You can see that Jeff is already trying to capitalize on the exposure from this
article :

On 03-Mar-99 jeff Williams wrote to all of these same lists this message is
sent to:

>  All,
>
>  http://www.wired.com/news/news/politics/story/18245.html
>
>  Regards,
>
>  --
>  Jeffrey A. Williams
>  CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
>  Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
>  E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
>  Contact Number:  972-447-1894
>  Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208

It should also noted that this phone number rings to a room at the Homestead
Inn, a residency hotel in Dallas, TX.  OF course, it is the ONLY phone number
Jeff will provide for INEG or for ANY INEG associates/employees even those not
in Dallas, claiming it is used by some elaborate call routing system (despite
the fact that he personally answers it many times).  You tell me, would the CEO
of a multi-billion dollar company answer the only line that will be given out
for the thousands of employees and associates they claim to have?

It is time for this farce to end.

E-Mail: William X. Walsh <william@dso.net>
Date: 03-Mar-99
Time: 15:29:44
"We may well be on our way to a society overrun by hordes
of lawyers, hungry as locusts."
- Chief Justice Warren Burger, US Supreme Court, 1977