RE: [dnso.discuss] Re: [IFWP] BMW Procedural Problems

On 15-Feb-99 William X. Walsh wrote:

>  Will ICANN mandate that the two processes come together and created a merged
>  consensus?

Just so anyone doesn't criticize me for not saying how this could work, I
suggest that ICANN setup a meeting, and that 5 or 6 members from each process
be selected to attend, with a mutually acceptable facilitator.  This meeting
should be setup to span a few days at least, and daily reports to the
appropriate discussion lists should be permitted should the participants desire.

This meeting needs a clear and definitive mandate from the ICANN board that
they are to reach a merged compromise proposal, and that no other result is
acceptable, and that if any party acts in a fashion to be no more than an
obstacle to that end, they be removed from the process and/or from
consideration.

E-Mail: William X. Walsh <william@dso.net>
Date: 15-Feb-99
Time: 13:54:31
"We may well be on our way to a society overrun by hordes
of lawyers, hungry as locusts."
- Chief Justice Warren Burger, US Supreme Court, 1977