Re: Draft New Draft

On 10-Feb-99 William X. Walsh wrote:

>  On 10-Feb-99 Einar Stefferud wrote:
> >  Hey Guys -- It seems terribly clear at this point that since IATLD has
> >  been challenged regarding its claims that IATLD should repeat its quey
> >  and this time be very careful about wording and about exactly what you
> >  are asking for by way of "support", and why you are asking again.
> >
> >  Doing this will be vastly more productive than to continue this
> >  argument, which cannot be resolved without repeating the query.
>
>  I don't see a argument.  I was one of the ones originally contacted, and I
>  remember the discussions on the wwTLD and apTLD lists about this.  Mr
>  Broomfield's statements are disingenuous, and do not reflect that fact that
>  significant discussion on this took place prior, during, and after this
>  question was asked.

It should also be noted that the same questions where asked by Mr Broomfield
then, and that was last year, he has had ample time to convince his admin
contact otherwise.  I don't know about him, but I was in regular twice weekly
contact with our admin contact.

Mr Broomfield said he would examine the question of how the Paris Draft support
was asked of the ccTLD managers and get back to us.  He has yet to do that, and
I would like to tell us the results of his query, even if they are not
favorable to his argument.

E-Mail: William X. Walsh <william@dso.net>
Date: 09-Feb-99
Time: 21:35:54
"We may well be on our way to a society overrun by hordes
of lawyers, hungry as locusts."
- Chief Justice Warren Burger, US Supreme Court, 1977