Re: Draft New Draft

> >  -You came out in defence of the iaTLD and of its backing by 73 ccTLDs. I
> >  pointed out that this backing was not as clear as it may seem.
>
> No you did not point this out.  You laid a claim (that you unsuccessfully made
> when the IATLD was formed) that .GP's admin contact did not support RFC1591.
> You had to stretch this so far to say that people answer emails by reading only
> the subject, and that the body of the email is "the small print" and not
> expected to be read before someone sends in an answer.

You still haven't read what I have said. It's the BODY of that message that
states "Subject says it all". Process is as follows:
-you get a message with the sunjectline saying "Do you support RFC1591?"
(doesn't say anything else in subject).
-you open the message and the first line in the body says "Subject says it all"
Most people who don't have English as a native language and who are inclined
to give people the benefit of the doubt would probably think that the
message is asking precisely what it says, ie "Do you support RFC-1591",
(after all, the first line in the message states that the subject says it all).
The rest of the message goes on to ramble like crazy.

If the message that iaTLD was a clear message with no "smallprint" then the
support that it has from the ccTLDs is only stating that they support
RFC-1591.

If on the other hand you've got to carefully re-read the message then it
would seem that the iaTLD is trying to catch you out (and one could argue
that they "caught" 73 ccTLD admins).

When the message says in the first line "Subject says it all", is it a lie?

Got it now? No, didn't think you did.

Yours, John Broomfield.