Re: Useful Comments Re: DNSO process and Drafts submitted to ICANN

Einar Stefferud a écrit:

> I agree with this concern, and I suggest that the initial membership
> be defined in some other more well defined way.  One suggestion that
> makes sense to me is "Anyone with a DNS Zone file to administer" to be
> used to elect an INITIAL Names Council

Yes, of course you would suggest this, since it puts ORSC into the driver's
seat. Everyone else, who doesn't administer DNS zone files, will have
another, very different suggestion about how the NC will be elected. And
Einar Stefferud won't nevessarily be their NC chairman.

By suggesting these selfish methods, you are now playing right into the
hands of the DNSO.org, who have rightly accused you and the ORSC of playing
the same sort of manipulative game of which you accuse them. The above
suggestion of yours goes right along with your having copied other people's
drafts to write ORSC drafts, of both the NewCo bylaws and the DNSO
application.

And who elected Einar Stefferud the leader and spokesperson of the Paris
draft and of the DNSO? You are good when you are opposing other's
wrong-thinking and wrong-doing, but when you think you have a little power
you are as dangerous as those you accuse.

It is a shame that you are tarnishing so soon the reputation of the Paris
draft with these thoughtless and ill-advised pronouncements and suggestions
from on high. I hope the AIP and the other supporters of the Paris draft
will bring you down to earth before you throw disrepute on us all.