Re: (Fwd) Re: sovereignty meaning attached to domain names

If Governments cannot represent themselves in the ccTLD constituency,
then they should not need a special constituency for themselves.

They either have some control over "~their" ccTLDs, or they do not,
and it appears that they have freee coice to do so.

So I see absolutely no need for giving them yet another handle to
grasp.

Cheers...\Stef

>From your message Thu, 28 Jan 1999 20:05:57 +0200:
}
}In message <199901281735.SAA23500@ties.itu.ch>, "Siegfried Langenbach" writes:
}
}> > Christopher Wilkinsen has proposed a "public sector" constituency;
}> > INTA has proposed a constituency for consumer groups, charities,
}> > advocacy groups, and so on; Christopher in a private conversation
}> > has indicated that he intended his proposal to include groups not
}> > necessarily associated with governments.  Personally, I think we
}> > should add a constituency, and call it a "public agency"
}> > constituency, or something like that.
}> >
}> > Comments?