Re: (Fwd) Re: sovereignty meaning attached to domain names

In message <199901281735.SAA23500@ties.itu.ch>, "Siegfried Langenbach" writes:

> > Christopher Wilkinsen has proposed a "public sector" constituency;
> > INTA has proposed a constituency for consumer groups, charities,
> > advocacy groups, and so on; Christopher in a private conversation
> > has indicated that he intended his proposal to include groups not
> > necessarily associated with governments.  Personally, I think we
> > should add a constituency, and call it a "public agency"
> > constituency, or something like that.
> >
> > Comments?

There is no sovereignty meaning attached to ccTLDs. There is just no
such thing. Has never been. Repeating it doesn't make it so. Tossing
governments a bone so they keep out of gTLD doesn't make it so.

If they had sovereignty (hypothetically speaking of course) they would
not have to sit on the table. They'd just make the decisions for us,
such as the USG is doing.

> perhaps just replace at large members within dnso ?  I guess the
> right place for those is at a higher level , i.e. same level as
> SO´s.
> siegfried

Nice try.

Why not go a step further, delete not only the MTY draft, delete the
BCN/MTY minutes, member list of participants and do what whoever has
write access to the web server today, wants to do?

el