new math

it didn't agree with the poster that the rate (and number) of dn/tm
conflicts is decreasing, I note the following.

On March 11, 1997, NSI stated that it was registering 3,000 DNs a day (see
press release at internic.net).

In its most recent 10Q, NSI stated that it had registered 507,000 DNs for
the 90 days trailing Sept. 30, 1998, which gives a rate of 5,630 DNs a day
(see quote.yahoo.com (ticker symbol NSOL).

The poster stated that NSI reported 1 in 600 DNs leading to a request for
dispute resolution previously, and 1 in 1000 now.  I can't verify these
numbers but assume they are true for these purposes.

If the 1 in 600 number is accurate for March 1997 that would yield 5 new
complaints a day (every day).

If the 1 in 1000 number is accurate for Sept 1998 that would yield 5.63 new
complaints a day (every day).

So I would say that the rate of DN/TM conflicts (at least those reproted by
NSI) is increasing and the absolute number of DN/TM conflicts is increasing
(at least until the spam attack hit).

I am not an unbiased academic scholar so check my math.

These calculations lend no light on whether Taft is JW or who shot JR or
who paid for Richard Sexton's drinks and therefore are probably off-topic.

p.s. I guess NSI's January numbers are shot - buying opportunity for NSOL?