RE: [ifwp] Re: A Slow Day at Microsoft? (was Re: Multi-level lis

On 20-Jan-99 Roberto Gaetano wrote:
> Stephen Page wrote:
>
>>         Presently, ICANN has a closed list.  ORSC has an open list.
>> DNSO.ORG has a closed list.
>>
> Point of clarification:

> wrong, because the list is open.

An open list that was TOTALLY ignored and in which NO drafting occurred.

Drafting of these documents should of been done in public.  As it is your own
drafting team is now condemning your proposal as not being anything like what
they came up with.  What good is a public list that is not used as a part of
the process?  I'll answer : No good at all. You don't have an open list at all.

> About ICANN, also it depends on which list you are talking about.
>
> This, of course, doesn't change the significance of the reasonment that
> follows, but according to my experience people that read a (long) posting,
> and find an inaccurate statement in the first lines are less motivated to go
> through the whole message.

His statement is TOTALLY accurage, Roberto, and you know it.

E-Mail: William X. Walsh <william@wxweb.qnis.net>
Date: 19-Jan-99
Time: 17:33:09