RE: icc comments in text

Eberhard,

You wrote:

> The funding issue: I totally agree with the ICC that a fixed amount
> per member will not work.
>
> It will for example discriminate against small non-profit
> organizations, in particular in developing countries especially in
> Africa.  Foreign currency is often very hard to come by and our
> currencies have the tendency to be in free fall against the US
> Dollars.

I agree with you that a flat rate is not a good idea.
ETSI (the organization for which I work) has membership fees based on the
global business in the Telecom domain, for instance.

The issue of foreign currency in developing countries is a separate problem,
IMHO.
In fact, a small business in the US will be less impacted than a business of
the same size in Zambia (or is it called Gambia? ;>)  ) by the same
membership fee.

We discussed this problem in CORE, but were not able to come to a
satisfactory solution.

Regards
Roberto