Re: News from the ORSC

On 19-Dec-98 Michael Sondow wrote:
> William X. Walsh a écrit:
>
>>  ORSC is attempting to put together an open representative
>> DNSO, that welcomes all stakeholders into membership and leadership, and
>> makes
>> substantive changes based on the input of all stakeholders.
>>
>> While I personally felt such a move should of come from outside the ORSC,
>> with
>> participation from ORSC being welcomed of course, simply because some people
>> will feel that any effort that was started by the ORSC is biased, I feel
>> pretty
>> strongly that the ORSC will welcome all to join, and be responsive to all,
>> and
>> not just ORSC members interests.
>
> This is just what the DNSO.ORG says they've done. The ORSC says the
> DNSO.ORG isn't open to them or looking after their interests, so the
> ORSC is creating another DNSO, which the DNSO.ORG members will say isn't
> looking after *their* interests. Next week, a third DNSO will be created
> (and incorporated, with the help of Bret Fausett) claiming that neither
> the DNSO.ORG nor the DNSO.NET represents *their* interests. Ad
> infinitem.
>
> So, back to 1997. Congratulations, everyone, for your cooperative
> efforts at self-regulation!

Then it will be made clear to ICANN that a mandate will be needed to bring
these interests together.

This is all a part of the process, Michael.  I see this as progress, not a step
backwards at all.

>From this will come a open mandate to reach consensus, that will override the
special interest capture of the DNSO.org movement.

Remember, the ORSC movement is welcoming ALL stakeholders, without restrictions.

The CORE/PAB's DNSO.org has yet to do that.

Which has a better claim to being an open organization?

William X. Walsh (WXW7/WW1506)| TJ Network Services - The .TJ NIC
Network Operations            | http://tjns.tj / http://nic.tj
william@tjns.tj/william@nic.tj| Domain Names, DNS, Email,
+1-(209)-493-6144             | DynamicDNS & Web Hosting Services
Date: 19-Dec-98 / Time: 12:43:04