Re: [ifwp] Re: Proposal for a new ORSC/DNSO project

William and all,

  I think that Michaels point that he is trying to make is that ccTLD's possibly
need
some changes in how and under what conditions in which they are managed.
Many others have felt this way as well.  Some have expressed the opinion that
a TLD is a TLD, and that ccTLD's should not get any special authority and be
bound by the same future policies and any gTLD would be.  Currently this
doesn't seem to be the case, however with the pending advent of additional
gTLD's in the offing, this could become a bit of a problem from a commercial
point of view.  Hence the remainder of the point that Michael is trying to
make.

  It is not really productive on this list or any other to chastise Michael or
anyone
for not particularly agreeing with the "OLD IANA's" past policies, as those will
most defiantly need adjusting in the near to mid term future

  Personally I see not real concern with ccTLD's myself, only that it seems
reasonable to me anyway that their respective registries should physically reside
in the country's boundires in which they were assigned to.